Wednesday, 8 August 2007

Bling4yrblog

This is the first time I have written on someone else's blog and the whole experience is 'interesting'. I have been lurking for some time but have now come out in the open.

Fiona asked me to share my blog...


I wrote it to support a presentation I did at the TUANZ conference in Nelson earlier this year. I had been blogging for a couple of years and put it together to archive some of the best finds I had come across to add a few extras to my class blog to make it a bit flasher to engage my students. I am intending to use it as a basis of my presentation at ULearn in Auckland in October.


In it I give a heap of 'how to' posts. Hope you find it useful....
The thing I would most encourage you to do is to change the blogger navigation bar at the top of the page so that children cannot link out of your blog and randomly come across content which is undesirable.

Allanah K

8 comments:

Mrs C said...

This may be a 'dumb' Q - but if I remove the nav-bar how do I make a new post ?

Fiona Grant said...

Thanks for sharing your blog Allanah, I can see an incredible amount of time has gone in to compiling this. Your recommendation to remove the Navigation Bar is important. I have left the Nav bar on this blog intentionally so viewers can see what it is. Also readers I know Allanah is presenting at the Ulearn conference in October so look out for her breakouts if you are attending.
I have also added a link in the sidebar under the Support section.

Alison - if you scroll back in the blog archives to our very first post, Creating a Blog you will be able to read how to edit your blog without the nav bar. Always access your blog for editing through your Blogger Dashboard which is located at http://www.blogger.com/home

Mrs C said...

Thanks Fiona

Tony said...

Seems like you are able to tweak a blog on Blogger to fit your taste. Edublogs does not allow such luxuries (or rather, I have not been able to figure out how to add many design elements to my blog).

Keep up the good work, Allanah!

Tony Powell, USA

Mrs C said...

Is there a quick and easy way of adding links into the texts of posts?

Fiona Grant said...

Hi Alison, In the tool bar there is a tool that turns text into a link ... select the text you want to be a link , click the link button and a window appears where you enter the URL, click OK.

How do I make a link to another webpage?

Mrs C said...

Hi Fiona

Is it possible to add a word file as an attachment on a blog?

Fiona Grant said...

Hi Alison,
Yes you can, using various third party sites. I will write a post on this shortly with links. Other might have some recommendations too.

Cheers,
Fiona