- Upcoming conferences
- Handy handouts
- Moodle 2.0 news
- Free PD opportunities
Karen Melhuish shared some interesting resources to support this discussion:
23-25th February 2011.
IFTE /NZATE Conference 2011
18-21st April 2011
Of particular interest to this forum is the strand 'New Technologies, New Practices'
This strand invites contributors to focus on, but not be limited by, one or more of
the following sub-themes:
• Impact of digital technologies on teaching and learning
• Challenges and tensions for teachers
• Changing parameters of the classroom
• Transformative possibilities for teaching
• Online learning
• Digitization of literature
• New conceptions of text
• Pedagogy of e-learning
• Co-construction and the digital classroom
• Assessment practices in new times
• Plagiarism, intertextuality and creativity
• The social networking classroom
Check out the details (and consider presenting a workshop as well!)
Finally, here are a few things I have been working on and looking at over the last couple of weeks. I thought they may well useful as you start to think about how you might integrate ICT into your planning for 2011
I have put together a series of handy one page handouts suitable for teachers or students, including:
- Introduction to Facebook Groups
- Introduction to Google Sites
- Introduction to Google Forms
- Introduction to Google Docs
Many of you will have heard that Moodle 2.0 is coming. It was officially launched on 24th November. If you are intereted in finding out more about how Moodle 2.0 differs from the present version, you can check out the release notes here:
You can find out more about Moodle on Software for Learning
With senior classes gone and the term winding up, you might like to take up this opportunity for some free PD!
Taking the Core features of Google Apps to the next level.
Skill level: Intermediate
Lead by Michael Wacker, Google Apps for Education Certified Trainer and Google Certified Teacher
We will explore 5 "killer" features to be used in a K-12 setting in 5 Google tools. Take your Google astuteness to the next level. Join us to learn tips and tricks on Search, Documents, Forms/Spreadsheets, Sites, and Calendar.
or you could simply check out a Google apps demo here.