
Last Week on ICTs in English
There was a continuation of the discussion around the topic of ‘Using Twitter as a PLN’
There were several great recommendations:
From Simon Evans:
Software for Learning There is a full write up about twitter and some useful links on the Software for Learning website for teachers starting out.
From Tamara Yuill Proctor:
I have found Twitter a useful way to gather information/resources over the past couple of months. I did a collaborative paper where one of the tools I looked at was Twitter - a small section of this is posted on my blog if anyone wants to have a look.
From Fiona Grant:
A Twitteraholic's Guide to tweets, hashtags, and all things Twitter
by Sue Waters
And Allanah King:
This wiki of Twitter types may help you.
Other contributors also offered up their “Who I follow” lists for inspiration
Kelly Faulkner - @kiwispouse
Karen Melhuish - @virtuallykaren
And for those who can’t bring themselves to peruse twitter itself, I really like this software that allows you to read Twitter links of the people you follow as if it were a newspaper!
Here is my paper paper.li
You can even view twitter entries about a specific topic (posts identified with a specific keyword – referred to as a hash tag on Twitter). Here is one for #edtech
By using this, you could even follow topics from Twitter without even joining Twitter – but what fun would that be!?
This week I would love to hear from you about how you are integrating or combining software and websites for your students – do you combine Moodle and Google Docs, or wikis and blogs? What else?
No comments:
Post a Comment