Last week on ICTs in English: (It was a relatively quiet week last week)
Phil Coogan updated us on the new look English Online
This re-design and re-structure represents the third stage of the re-development of these communities.
- Stage 1 involved provision of the mailing lists, at least one of which you belong to and which have been a real success with membership now approaching 3500.
- Stage 2 involved provision of teacher resource exchanges which the community is now beginning to make greater use and for which we are seeking ongoing enhancements
- Stage 3 involves the re-design and re- structure. Now that we have what we hope is an intuitive high level structure in place, our team will be working to rationalise sub sections and reduce repetition, making it easier for you to browse materials in intuitive categories.
- Stage 4 will involve:
- development of a secondary literacy section on Literacy Online
- establishment of a literacy leadership section on Literacy Online
- updating of the NCEA units and years 1-10 units migrated from the “old” English Online
- provision of at least one student project.
Teachers might also want to add the following NetSafe links to their classroom and PD resources.
Hector’s World interactive animated episode ‘Cyberbullying -You’re Not Alone’
The episode is accompanied by lesson plans, activities and a music video - all available online at Hector's World.
‘At a Distance’: A NZ short film created by NetSafe focusing on cyberbullying, mainly for years 5 & 6, The DVD has support material with lesson ideas and classroom discussion points.
‘Lets Fight it Together’: This short video comes with a teacher notes, classroom activities and lesson plans.
Schools can order a free copy of the DVDs ‘At a Distance’ or ‘Lets Fight it Together’ using the online order form.
This portal has more advice for students, teachers and parents.
And Ewan MacIntosh completed his NZ tour!
Check out one of Ewan’s presentations on Edtalks: