Sunday, 29 July 2007

Texts that may be of Interest

As part of my own research I have recently come across three new publications which are very relevant to all that we have been discussing here.

Penrod, D. (2007). Using Blogs to Enhamce Literacy. USA: Rowan & Littlefield

Braun, L. (2007). Teens, Technology and Literacy; or why bad grammar isn't always bad grammar. USA: Greenwood Publishing

Richardson, W. (2006) Blogs, Wikis, POdcasts and other powerful Web Tools for Classrooms. USA: Corwin Press

3 comments:

Marnie Thomas said...

Hi There,
I would be really interested to read those texts - did you get hold of them through a particular library or bookseller?

Mrs C said...

I ordered them all through - www.fishpond.co.nz - it's eay to set up a school account online if you don't already have one. I think there's a credit for schools/teachers when they open an account.

Jocelyn said...

Hi Fiona

I bought Will Richardson's book and used it for my INSTEP research. A really easy read, filled with common sense and classroom ideas. Well worth the $$$ invested and it wasn't that dear thru Amazon.
I'm pleased you mentioned it.
Jocelyn