Monday, 18 June 2007

What's a blog & Why blog?

Hi guys!

Just a quick intro: I am Rachel Boyd from Nelson!
I teach a great class of year 2/3 students and am also a Lead Teacher in our ICT cluster. I've been blogging with junior students for 2 years now and we are loving every minute of it. I'm constantly amazed at the way that our kids take everything in their stride and think nothing of using and adding another web2.0 tool to their learning kit!

I thought that these two presentations from Teacher Tube that I made this year might be useful/interesting for some of you. The first video is my 6 & 7 year old's candid, unscripted take on what a blog is and why they love them; the second video is a presentation I made on the benefits students can gain from blogging.






Enjoy and let me know your thoughts/questions etc.

Cheers, Rachel

2 comments:

Fiona Grant said...

Hi Rachel, thanks for sharing your students' voice. I read your latest post acknowledging Vicki Davis and also thought a link through to her recommendations for writing meaningful comments may also be useful while we are on this subject.
How to Comment Like a King or Queen

Tony said...

Fiona,

I will second your recommendation about commenting. The post you mention by Vicki Davis helped to reinvigorate my efforts to introduce blogging into my 9th grade English class of 14 & 15 yr. olds. Before then, I had become discouraged about finding ways to include blogging in my class. Commenting is a great way to involve students in blogging.